Tuesday, November 24, 2009

4 days. It's almost where I can count down in hours only! Things are coming together (I think) and I keep telling myself that if things don't turn out the way I plan who will know but me. So, everything will be lovely. My wonderful son is marrying a woman after God's own heart. What more could I ask for?
I have watched the 4 minute wedding video about a thousand times. I haven't cried yet,well....not much. I cry at other times. Like when I think about the past and the events that have shaped his life. I miss him. I miss having him in my house. I miss his humor and his laundry. I just miss him. Maybe after the wedding madness (next year sometime LOL) I'll get to spend some time with him.
Today was early dismissal at school We got out at 2 p.m. This is a tradition at our school. When there is a holiday we ALWAYS get out at 2 the day before. I am going to rant again about those parents who must never look at a calendar. Who never look at a note that comes home. That don't put the school important dates on a calendar in their house somewhere. What's wrong with these people. At 2:15 we still had 20 children who had not been picked up. There are a few that are waiting for the Middle School Shuttle but the rest, their parents were completely clueless. The classic statement was: "I didn't know school let out at 2, I didn't get a note." OK they got a calendar the first day of school, they get a monthly calendar the first day of every month, and every teacher in my building does some kind of newsletter EVERY week. OK, I'll get off my soap box now! LOL
Today was also PBIS reward day. Students against the teachers in dodgeball. Fun, fun, fun! It's fun to be able to smack some of those kids with a ball. :D I had a great time.
Evan is home and Jackie is here. What a GREAT evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels