Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just Another Saturday in February

Not just any Saturday but the first Saturday in February for 2010. Wow! I am so far behind in blogging that I should probably start over. :D
I have spent every Saturday in January prepping and painting the walls in my living/dining/kitchen room. And now they are finished. Beautiful, they are just beautiful. I remember why red was my favorite color when I was a little girl and that yellow makes me sooo happy. Since this big room is all wood (ceiling, floors, cabinets, furniture and trim) the color makes the wood look very rich. I now have to clean my wood floors and put my furniture back. I have some new ideas for the wall decorations. Slowly, I have to approach DeWayne slowly. HA!
He and I went to Home Depot last night and purchased new backsplash for my kitchen. It is very cool. It's plastic sheets that look like old fashioned tin. My friend Mary suggested it. Hopefully we will get to put some of it up this evening. So REALLY, I don't know if any project is ever considered finished!
My very good friend Mel became a grandma yesterday. Her son James and his wife Casey are parents. James and Dane are very good friends too. So they are more like family than just friends. Little Elias made his appearance right around midnight. I've seen his picture online but not in person yet. I can't wait to hold and snuggle him! She was describing the emotions yesterday of it finally sinking in that "I'm a Grandma!" It's an exciting time!
It snowed again last night. That's two Fridays in a row. Too bad these aren't coming on Sunday evenings so that Monday school is cancelled. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels