Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rainy Sunday

Here I am again and it's a rainy Sunday. Nice day to read, watch a good movie, drink a cup of coffee and blog. :D 
Jeff talked about fear this morning. What am I fearful of? Well, the list consists mostly of critters: mice, snakes, and spiders. The mouse fear is mostly about not being startled. I know they have no power because they are so small. I also don't like the mess they make and leave behind. So my fear of mice is really a "hatred". ha!!! Now spiders and snakes... I don't like at all and I really am afraid of them. Not heart attack fear but just a general dislike. I guess my fear of them stems from being bit. Oh well. I can remember a time when DeWayne and I first got married and we were robbed. I lived in fear of just going in to my house. I was afraid when people drove down our road. I was afraid when people would visit us at night. (We didn't go anywhere without a gun and I didn't walk through my house without knowing where a gun was. That's not REAL heatlthy.) Looking back, as soon as I started growing closer to Christ and allowing Him to be in charge of my life, the fears in my life subsided. I can't remember being scared about the dark or traveling in a long, long time. I don't like coming home at night by myself when it's dark but I'm not scared. It's kind of funny, I remember the fear being very strong and I don't remember when I released it. It's just not there anymore. (Thank you Jesus!) Jeff was talking about how we as Christians can't live in fear of the end times. Bad stuff is going to happen. It's going to happen to the earth. It's going to happen maybe to me. It's going to happen possibly to family members. I have to live in a strength of faith that allows me to face the fear. I have to live strong in Christ. Bad things have already happened to people in my family. I have had not great things happen in my life. Did I live in faith or did I live in doubt? Did I trust in God or did I trust in man? What I show to the world defines me as a Christian. 
No school tomorrow for the holiday. DeWayne has to work second shift though. I think we are supposed to have a picnic somewhere before he goes to work. 
Dane and 4 of his friends sky dived yesterday. DeWayne and I went and took pictures of Dane and Lee. We only got to stay to see them because DeWayne had to go to work. I have no desire to jump out of a plane, but they looked like they were having a great time. Dane said it was amazing. I took a little video and lots of pictures. Oh to be young again. Not!!!

1 comment:

  1. John 16:33...replace fear with trust, my sister! Great thoughts! I'm a little jealous of youth, too! Not going to jump out of a plane at this point in my life, though!
    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Labels