Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's Saturday and it's just me and DeWayne and two computers. He's on one and I'm on the other. I'm blogging and he's planning our summer mini-vacation to Gatlinburg. We've only been there once when we first got married so we thought it would be a nice short trip for this summer. We REALLY wanted to go to the beach but there is no way that it was in our budget. Maybe next year! He's planning a white water rafting trip and a kayak clinic (for himself). We'll all go rafting and he will kayak. Evan and I (and Jackie is she goes with us) will shop. I am most of all just looking forward to getting away. We'll go in August before Evan goes back to school and before I start back to work. Should be a blast.

Tech testing is almost over. I only have 5 more second grade tests to give; four this week and 1 next week. Yay!!! I now have to get my scores tallied and posted in the spreadsheet and sent to the Tech Coordinator for our district. Basically testing is the easy part. Now I get to stare at my computer screen for several hours. UGH!!! 

Evan will be home this afternoon for a few hours. It's Harrisburg's Prom and I volunteered to take photos for a friend. She is going to help me. I'm praying that the rain holds off and I can get some good shots outside. So far so good.

Book group Thursday was awesome. Because of the rain we only had 6 there but I still laughed until I cried. Lisa G. is SOOO funny! She tells the best stories. We have decided the read The Last Lecture for our next book. I had already bought it on Amazon but I had put off reading it because I knew that was the book that Lisa G. would pick. It was her turn and she did.  So I will keep you posted about it. Right now I'm reading a book that Evan bought, hypocrite in a pouffy white dress: tales of growing up groovy and clueless. It is one of the true story books like The Year of Living Biblically. I have laughed out loud many times. The lady is only a few years younger that me so I relate to her memories. I'm about half way through it. It's a good read! :D

Evan's birthday is this week and she will celebrate her 19th year. Wow! My baby is a grown up. And so is my big kid. Dane will be 22 on his birthday. Unbelievable. They are both such awesome people. God has truly blessed DeWayne and I with fabulous children. Out of all they have accomplished in their lives; they both have a heart for Jesus and that makes me the most happy!

I better get on the laundry...more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels