Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sitting and Waiting

It's Thursday and I'm sitting here in the "Procedure Waiting Room" waiting for DeWayne to have his "procedure" done. He's only been back there for about 15 minutes so I will probably be here for another hour or so at least. And the only good thing is they have public internet here at Deaconess, Yay!  We weren't sure where this clinic was because it is a Deasoness Clinic. It's in the old Welborn Clinic where I came for ob/gyn appointments. It's also where Dane came many times for after-hours doctor appointments when his asthma flaired up. The building has been remodeled but it's the same parking lot and building. 

School is crazy right now. The kids and the adults are ready to be out. The kindergarten teachers are working like crazy to get their memory dvd's finished. I burned and labeled 2 teachers yesterday. That means only 6 more to go. A few of the second grade teachers are also doing dvd's; so they also need help. It's just hard to be in 4 or 5 places at once. :D Makes me feel needed! The newer version of iMovie (09) is awesome and so much more user friendly. The same teachers who made movies last year can't believe how much easier it is to make their movies. I have started two "test" movies to just show some of the features of the program. The nice part is that I can burn it to such a small file that I could post a short movie here. ( I think I might before the summer is over..:D) Another aspect of our crazy school is the schedule for next year is being working out. Everyone wants their specials (art, music, pe, media, and computers) in the afternoon so they have the morning free for instruction time. I understand the teachers wanting this but oh, my. There are 8 kindergartens, 8 first grades, and 7 second grades. This does not even count the 8 pre-k slots. There are not enough afternoon slots to put people in. It's a mess. Someone or several someones are going to have to be flexible. :D

Evan is working like crazy to get here yard sale stuff priced. We'll have to move it all to Jackie's tonight. I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I hope they make good money. I think they are going to use their money for a short trip to Florida to Angela this summer. (Angela is going to work in Orlando this summer. 

We've had a change of vacation plans. We had planned to go to Gatlinburg for a few days in August. DeWayne checked all the prices and found we could go to the beach at Seagrove Beach for 5 days just as cheap. Sooooo...we're going to the beach!!! Yay!!! We leave on the 9th of August and return on the 15th. I start school on the next Monday. So we'll be tanned and rested to start back to work and school. Sleep, eat, and play, my 3 favorite things. :D

I went to a mother daughter banquet with my mom Tuesday evening at her church. It was very enjoyable. The lady who spoke talked about different kinds of shoes and how your personality and your attitudes change with what kind of shoes you wear. I had heard the same analogy at a women's retreat with my sister's church. They both brought something different in to it though so they were both good. 

More another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels