Monday, October 19, 2009

What a Week!

It's been a week since I posted. My wonderful day out with DeWayne and Evan was wonderful right up to the moment that I was walking on the path at Garden of the Gods and rolled my ankle. I wish I could say that I was doing something spectacular like skydiving or rock climbing or even hiking. I was just walking on the path and missed a step down and rolled my left ankle. It made a really loud snap sound and I thought I was going to throw up. Evan laughed REALLY loud until she saw my face. I declared I was not going to be a baby and I walked out the park and to the car. I even walked around Wal Mart a little bit when we got back to Harrisburg. By Tuesday morning I was hurting really badly though. I went to the doctor and they x-rayed my ankle and couldn't give me a "for sure" that it's not broken. So I am wearing a very nice boot on my foot until next week. Needless to say I have had to learn to walk at a much slower pace. Today, it hurts to touch the ankle area. I think I tried to do too much yesterday. I want it to be healed before the wedding so I am following the doctor's orders and keeping the boot on. Maybe I need to keep it up more too. :D
Yesterday was the bridal shower for Jean. Showers and gifts mean that the wedding is getting closer and closer. Just a little over a month. My Aunt Jean and Uncle Phil were here this weekend from Texas. It was their 50th class reunion. She had great advice for me as a mother of the groom. "Wear beige or taupe and keep your mouth shut!" I'm working on it!
The weather has really changed! It is officially feeling and looking like Fall. It makes me want to build a campfire and roast marshmallows and have a hayride! I love the colors of the trees. All the reds, yellows, browns, and oranges. Fabulous. Just fabulous. God is amazing and I am so thankful that he lets me live in a place where the leaves change with the seasons.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your ankle! Praying it heals fast for you. Do keep it elevated and be off of it as much as you can!
    Fall is my favorite season. God could have just had the leaves fall off the trees, or just go from green to brown, but instead, He gave us the gorgeous colors. Fall tells me He loves me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels