Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Still Wondering....

I still have more ideas in my head. I am just letting them swirl around for awhile. Sometimes it takes me awhile to work it all out where it makes sense. 

I'm liking this week. The weather is warm but rainy and I still like it. It is so Springlike. The irises are blooming and so are the pink bushes I have in my backyard. (No, they are not azaleas. They haven't bloomed yet) I even saw a hummingbird yesterday. Very cool! 

Evan only has a week left of her first year of college. I am glad she will be home for the summer. I am wondering what we are going to do with all her stuff though. Sort and pitch probably. And then store the rest until August. August will be here before we know it. Time marches on and seems to be double time!

Tomorrow night is book group. We will be discussing "The Priest". I am going to review my notes tonight. I'm anxious to see what they pick for us this time. I'm not sure who's turn it is to pick. I think Lisa G. We'll find out for sure tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. I added the gadget at the bottom of my page that lists the books I've read in 2009. I'm just going to keep a running list. Maybe I'll add a rating system. But like I said  before, I generally don't finish a really bad book. I just set it aside and eventually I finish it. 

I have reconnected with one of my best friends from Jr. High and High School on Facebook. She and I remained friends even after we had children until she moved out of state. I haven't seen her to talk to her in probably 10 years. We chatted forever last night. If nothing else, Facebook lets old friends reconnect. I love it!

Tech Testing is almost over. Two more days of Kindergarten and First Grade then only 7 more 2nd grade tests and we are finished. Then I have to tally all the scores. We test our children to see what they know and use the information for our Tech Grant. The tech grant is how we fund our lab and my job and all the tech equipment that comes in to our district. So I really have to teach the K through 2 crowd "something". :D  I think they are doing all right this year. There are always a few children that test like they have never been to class before. Oh well!

Ed used these verses Sunday night and I really, really like them so I'm going to share them with you. 
Isaiah 49:15
Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.
Isaiah 62:4-5
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate; But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah, for the Lord will take delight in you, and your land will be married. As a young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels