Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back to Salt

I got my notes out from Sunday and I think I'm going to add to what I posted yesterday.
Ed started out by reading the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:3-12) which are the verses right before verse 13 where Jesus talks about us being the salt of the earth and what good are we if we lose our saltiness. (Just a sidebar - everything that I am going to type will be from my notes and it is what Ed spoke. I will let you know if it is an original thought of my own. :D) The heart of being the salt of the earth is having the attitude of the beatitudes. (love it!!!) I can effect my community by being salt. Remember I said that it's not the same concept that we have of salt. This reference is to the salt harvested out of the Dead Sea. It's potash and it helps good things grow and keeps bad things from smelling. I must not live a compromising life. That's how I lose my saltiness. I must be able to relate to the culture of this world but there must be a contrast between the church the world. When there are too many other particles in the potash it makes it ineffective. Just like when there's too much of the world it makes me ineffective.
My prayer must start being - "Draw me Lord, change my heart. I want to be salt - I want to effect change around me. I don't want to be thrown underfoot and be trampled on because my saltiness is gone. (Matt. 5:13)"
I must go before the Lord and ask and seek out what has caused my life to become unsalty.
5% of the Christians in this country/world living out loud as real salt the culture of our country could be changed. We live in Saline (Salt) County, how cool is that!
5% of Saline County would be about 1300 people. If 5% of Saline County were to be of one mind for God's purposes, we would be able to do anything spiritually! We could change the whole culture of our county!
So, many people made a commitment Sunday to begin to truly pray and seek the Lord that 1300 people would be brought in and that 5% of the county would truly be salt in their WHOLE life.
I want to see lives changed. I truly want to live as salt. I do not want to become absorbed by this world and good for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels