Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday again...and it's still hot outside. You would think it's August already as hot as it is. Oh well, I'm glad my air conditioner works and I have a cool place to hang out!

Everyone is gone but me. I seem to spend a lot of time by myself these days. Seriously though, I don't mind. I sometimes like the quiet of my house. I can remember days that I didn't think I would ever see a quiet house. Well, they have arrived! :D

Yesterday was interesting. The farm next to our property is for sale. DeWayne helps take care of the house and some other neighbors farm the ground. The family decided to sell the ground this past May and they actually solicited some Amish families in this area to see if they would be interested in buying the farm. Well, yesterday one of the families went to see the house and actually came by our house to talk about it. Buggy and everything! The family looking to buy the farm are a young couple with a little 16 month old daughter. (very cute little girl) If they move next door maybe I will learn more of their customs and why they believe the way they do. The man driving the buggy lives closer to Galatia and he had his little 4 year old little boy with him. The little boy was also very cute. I'm looking forward to more encounters with them and maybe not being so awkward the next time. Dane and Evan say I am completely crazy because all I want to do is take their pictures. :D But I will try very hard to restrain myself!

I am going to cook at Jr. High church camp this year. I haven't cooked at camp in several year. I actually haven't been to camp in a few year. I am excited about it. Jr. High kids aren't my favorite age group but I'm going to see what God has for me there this year! I will be there during my birthday (46). That should be really fun. I have spent many birthdays at camp and so has Dane. July just seems to be the month for camps! The Jr. Camp week is the one I really wanted to be at. Those are mostly children that just left West Side and are going in to 3rd grade. They are still for the most part very sweet!

I think I am going to work on sorting pictures again today. It's a cool, quiet job that needs to be done. I better get my picture boxes, my albums and my ink pen out and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels