Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to School!


Where does the time go? I posted about our trip to the zoo and then vacation was upon me and I haven't posted since. Sorry about that!
We left for the beach on the 9th and came home on the 14th. We had 3 full days on the beach and one half day. I could have stayed another week. I love the laid back, no rush of the beach. I like not getting in a hurry. I like getting up early and watching the sun rise across the beach. I like staying out on the beach until the sun dips in the west. I like the sand, the water, the sounds and the smell. Ok...I like it all!
DeWayne found a different place for us to stay this year. Same beach, Seagrove Bea
ch, but a different condo. We really liked it a lot. We will try to go there again. We stayed at The Palms.
Vacationing with Evan, Jackie and Angela is so much fun. They are a photo "op" waiting to happen. I took over 900 pictures! Of course, after I got home and started sorting them I deleted about 200 of them. But still, 700 pictures! CRAZY! I've already ordered my photo book.
We had planned to take family photos while we were there when we thought Dane and Jean were going with us. The girls had bought black dresses and the guys had black polos and khakis. Well, our family pics ended up being DeWayne and the 5 girls. It was fun to be dressed up in our black dresses on the sand.
School started Monday. The teachers had to be at work. We had children for a half day yesterday and today we had a full day (with 2 pm dismissal). I had classes today. We always start by going over the rules and I usually read them a story. I love the children at my school. They are so fun. Kindergarten, First and Second Graders seldom have a bad day! So when my days start bad, I know I can eventually be cheered up by a small person.
The wedding plans are coming along. I feel out of the loop since we've been gone and school has started.
Evan leaves for school on Sunday. We are moving her in to her dorm. She doesn't start class until Wednesday though.
Busy, Busy, Busy. Everyone is busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels