Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Family


What a fun day! Today is my niece's birthday. She is 7 today. My mom planned a trip for us to the Evansville Zoo. She planned a GREAT day. My sister came down from Olney and met us there. She brought her twins, Madison and Mallory, along with her oldest daughter Alayna. Alayna has two children, Will and Ally and they were also there. So altogether we had mom, Jim, Paige, Marsha, Madison, Mallory, Alayna, Will, Ally, Evan and me. Mom packed us a picnic lunch and made birthday cupcakes. We had a great morning exploring the zoo. And then we had a nice relaxing picnic lunch at one of the park shelters. I hadn't been to the Mesker Park Zoo since Dane and Evan were small. The zoo has become very nice and they are trying very hard to modernize it. Some of the exhibits were old and closed but the zoo backers seem to be working hard to get it up to date. We really enjoyed the Amazonia area. We explored it twice! Paige told us over and over that it was a "great birthday". That made me happy.
Dane called last night and he got called out on storm. He is in a town close the Bloomington, IN. They got to sleep last night before they started working today. So that's good. I haven't heard from him today. I'm anxious to hear how is day has gone.
I'm working on my school stuff. I have put off all summer sorting through all my papers and STUFF! I really do have several things that I need to do at school but I will do that on Monday when I go back to school. I am kind of feeling a little panic but I know it will all get done. Tomorrow I have to start pulling out things for Florida. We leave on Sunday. I think I have all my groceries. I just have to do all the laundry and get it ready to go. We have internet at our condo so I will be able to post while we are on vacation. AWWWW...VACATION! I am soooo ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels