Saturday, August 22, 2009

First week of school down and now it's time to move Evan back to Evansville.
This week seemed to really fly by. We had a lot of technical difficulties this week and all the other things I talked about in my last post but all in all it was a productive week. I have a before school hall duty. It's funny to see the first graders come down the hall and not remember where their classroom is. So every morning I have to ask them who their teacher is and send them down the correct side of the circle. (Our building makes a big circle with the media center and computer lab in the middle.) Very cute and very funny! The saying is that first graders are just "left over" kindergartners and second graders are just "left over" first graders. They haven't got it all figured out yet. Which is a good thing. The kindergartners start coming on Monday. I probably won't have any classes of them until Friday. Which is also a good thing!
I truly like my job. I love working with the children and I love working with the adults. Of course, there are those few that make it a challenge (children and adults! :D)
I'm leading a short inservice about iPhoto this coming Tuesday. The teachers who are new and those who aren't so new need to know how the features in their 09 software work and I'm going to show them all at one time. I'm excited!!!
My living room looks like an explosion again. Of course, I know that by tomorrow night it will be all gone. Evan moves to school tomorrow. We are sorting out all here stuff and getting her ready for the school year. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!! Her roommate this year is from Uganda. Should be an interesting year to say the least. Evan is 5'2" and her roommate plays basketball so she's probably pretty tall. I can't wait to meet her!
LCC is gearing up for Liberty Fest again this year. It will be on Labor Day weekend. I'm not sure what I'm doing this year. For the last 3 years I have made lemon shake-ups but I'm not sure I'm up to the 10,000 we did last year! I would like to just enjoy the day but chances are I will be working somewhere!
It feels like fall today. The temperature this morning was in the 50's. Wow! pretty unusual for August. It will make moving Evan much nicer tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels