Thursday, July 2, 2009

Birthday Time

Well, my birthday is in just 4 days. I will be 46. I don't really mind being 46 but I look at age so much differently that when I was younger. I can remember thinking my mom was really "OLD"! and she was probably younger that I am now. Oh, well! I ask Evan a lot if I am acting old. Most of the time she tells me no. The only thing that keeps going through my mind is "I am not too far away from 50." Fifty, what am I going to do at 50? We'll see what God's got for me!
Since it's my birthday I have to have my driver's license renewed. I haven't done the picture thing in 8 years because I am such a good driver they sent me a sticker the last time. Needless to say the picture of me on my driver's license is me looking way younger. :D I'm going to the facility at McLeansboro because they are nicer and faster. Sad that I have to drive 30 miles to be treated like a human.
Last night some of my book group friends got together. We had a little cookout. It was fantastic. The weather could not have been any better. We actually sat outside on Jeri Lyn's patio with blankets and jackets. She grilled chicken and vegetable kabobs. Everything was wonderful. I love being with these women. They make me laugh. They make me think. They just make me feel normal! Thank you Lisa G., Kerri G., Terah, Brigette, Jeri Lyn, and Darla. You are my BFF's. :D
Since we were together we made some book group plans for the rest of the year and for next year too. We've all had a rough time with this latest book. It's really deep. I have to lead discussion on chapter 2. I loaned my book to one of the other members so I have to get my book back and finish reading it.
I finished sorting pictures for now and got everything put back in the cabinets. I will get them all out again towards the end of the month maybe. They are better than they were. So that makes me feel like I accomplished something!
Next week I will be at church camp cooking. Sunday through Thursday late. So I probably won't be posting till the end of the next week. I haven't cooked at camp in a few years. I'm pretty excited about going. I love camp. I love just being where there are that many kids seeking Jesus. I know already that I will be exhausted when I get home but I don't care. It's a good tired!
I'm sitting here trying so hard to think of something so amazing that it will blow you all away... I got nothing!

1 comment:

  1. I got something: HAPPY BIRTHDAY:D
    I LOVE YOU!!! You are the greatest sister, ever!
    I miss you, especially because we are here w/Randy's Brother...I'm jealous!:D

    See you soon! I'll make an appt. when we get home!
    Love you,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Labels