Monday, July 27, 2009

7-27-87
Today is my son, Dane's, Birthday! He is 22 years old. Amazing! Just amazing! He is an amazing young man. I am so thankful that God blessed me with a son. (I am also thankful for my marvelous daughter, Evan. :D) Dane is grown up. He has a job. He has a vehicle of his own. He pays his bills. And most of all, he's going to get married in 123 days! Of course there are people twice his age who have these same characteristics and I wouldn't consider them "Grown up". He takes his responsibilities seriously. I love that about him. Happy Birthday Dane!
We are having a small family get together tonight for his birthday. Just cake and ice cream. Grandmas and new in-laws-to-be. Should be an interesting evening!
Friday when Marsha was here we went shopping for my wedding outfit. I went to Paducah with the idea that I was going to buy a dress. A little black dress. And I was going to look fantastic! Well, we started at Dillard's and I picked up a few things to try on. Marsha had another idea in mind. So I went to the dressing room and they brought me things to try on. I tried on 2 black dresses first. They were ok but not FABULOUS. So Marsha brings me a jacket with a matching camisole underneath and black pants. Not just any pants. These are palazzo pants. Very soft and very flowing. They sort ot look like a long skirt when my legs are together. Well, I ended up with the pants and the jacket. And...I look (in the words of my husband) "HOT." :D I also found shoes that were very comfortable. So we all have our outfits. I also ordered Evan's shoes. We just have to order tuxedos and we're set.
I loved having Marsha and her girls here! We ate at Morello's on Thursday for lunch. We met our cousin Nadine there. We laughed so hard and just little things. It was good to be together.
Thursday evening we went to the Saline County Fair. WooHoo!!! I saw several children from school and they saw me. "Mrs. Whitlock" made an appearance! For awhile Marsha, DeWayne and I just stood in one place and watched the people. Very interesting to say the least. There are quite a few characters in Saline County. Sadly, I know most of them. :D
Only 14 days until the beach. Only 21 days until school starts. I have so many things to get done to start school. I feel like Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind: I can't think about that today...I'll think about that tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you blogged! Glad to have found it! Happy birthday to Dane, and so glad you found your outfit and had a good time with Marsha. Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels