Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Saturday afternoon I watched the movie, Pride and Prejudice. I think my sister recommended this movie to me but I hadn't watched it yet. I REALLY liked this movie. I liked it so much that I dug out the book and started reading it. I don't think I would have read much of the book or even finished it if I hadn't watched the movie first. (I am usually a big fan of the book and not the movie of most books.) The language of the book makes much more sense. Because this book was written originally in the 1700's and in England, the language is very formal. The relationships between the men and the women. The class differences. The whole formality of it. I like very much. The friendships can't be formed until the "lesser" party is introduced formally. O.K. I'll stop now. I'm going to say it again. I like this book and I really like the movie. I recommend it with two thumbs up! :D
It's been one of those weeks that I'm wondering what I am accomplishing this summer. Monday was Dane's birthday and I baked cookies, brownies, and chocolate sheet cake. We had a small get together with my mom and dad; Jean's mom and Dad and DeWayne's mom. Plus Denise's kids and Evan. Not very many and not overwelming for the first "in-law" meeting. Just comfortable!
Only a few more days until the beach. And only a few more days until school starts. And only about 120 days until the wedding. ARGH!!!!! I need another slower moving calendar. :D
I woke up at 5 am this morning thinking about some things for the wedding. I think it's because Evan and I looked at wedding pictures from all over the country last night until after 10. So I played out wedding things in my head!
Only 2 more days until book group. Yay! I miss my friends and our get togethers even though I see them at church. The laughter and the crazy stories are awesome!


3 comments:

  1. If you watched the Kiera Knightly version of P&P, also see the A&E version. It's longer (of course) but I liked it better, and I LOVE the Kiera Knightly version. You can stay truer to the original material if you have more time. Two wonderful quality works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the Kiera Knightly version. I read a few lines aloud to Evan and she wasn't impressed. She just laughed at how silly it sounded. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, I love it, too...I watch it while I fold laundry & cry...of course, I read the book AFTER watching the movie, to get the 'flow of the words'...but I love the book more than the movie, now:)--keep reading!
    If you watch the 'modern' version (Holly has it) Evan might like that better!:)--it's set NOW.
    Also, watch 'Becoming Jane' and the "Jane Austen Book club'...also thumbs up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels