Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Good Day






DeWayne and I had the best time yesterday. I love to just drive around Southern Illinois and explore. We started at Alto Pass at the Bald Knob Cross. The initial plan was to then follow the River to River Race  route. When we got to the top of the hill (a really big hill), we ate our lunch while overlooking the Big Muddy River to the west. The view of the river bottoms and the lure of the Mississippi River made us change our plans. We drove over to Highway 3 and went to Grand Tower. It is right on the river. It's a very small, very old town. It's called Grand Tower because there is a tower of rock in the river. Very cool! There is also a suspension bridge holding the gas pipeline crossing the river there. It is also very cool. We then drove on north and crossed back over to Murphysboro and then came home. All in all this took all day. The weather cooperated and we had a beautiful, wonderful day. It was the perfect start for Spring Break. I needed a day of doing nothing taxing!!! 

I'm going to paint the downstairs bathroom tomorrow. Can't wait, really! I'm hoping that it motivates me to paint the other rooms that I need to paint. 

I've only got about 40 pages left to read in my book for book group. I really like it. I'm reading  Deuteronomy right now too so it's all going together. I love the way the Holy Spirit does that!  Very cool!

Dane has a new assignment for work. He goes back to Cape this week and next week he starts in Evansville for a new company. He will only work 4 days a week. He will be staying in a hotel too because they pay for his living expenses. So he will be bringing his camper home and parking it for awhile. He's very happy that he will be working 4 day weeks for awhile. He will also get to hang out with Evan if he wants!! :D

I love the rain. It makes it the perfect Sunday afternoon. Rain, coffee, a good book, and a blanket! Ahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels