Monday, April 13, 2009

Is it really over?

I cannot believe that I went a whole week and didn't write anything! And now Spring Break is over and I went back to work today. Fun!Fun! 
Last week actually didn't fly by like I thought it would. We had a nice leisurely week. DeWayne was on second shift all week so I  think that is why it didn't. No getting up early. Being able to stay up late. Eating lunch together everyday. The evenings were very quiet. All in all it was a very nice week. 
Monday I painted the downstairs bathroom like I planned. It turned out much better than I thought it would. We went back to Lowe's and bought a black vanity and mirror. So now the bathroom is black, white and gray with a few red accents. I only have to paint the 3-drawer chest black and it will be complete. (oh wait, DeWayne hasn't hooked the water up to the sink yet. :D  but he's working on it.) I can't believe it snowed this day too!
Tuesday I voted. YAY!!! The school board election went the way our teachers wanted it too. So we do have a voice and so do the parents of our school district. 
Wednesday and Thursday were days filled with laundry, dishes, just stuff. Nothing too hard. Evan got home very late Thursday after a late night concert in St. Louis with her friends. 
Friday just hanging out together. 
Saturday we went rock climbing at Jackson Falls with the Owens' family, David, Brigette, and Kaylynn. It was the first time the four of our family had been rock climbing for a long time. Dane climbed. Actually, everyone but me climbed. I, of course, took a lot of pictures. Fun day! 
Sunday we ate lunch with my mom and Jim. My sister and part of her family were there. Marsha, Randy, Holly, Madison, and Mallory. I love to be with her. I miss laughing at the most ridiculous stuff!
And today...I went back to work! It was a very laid back day. The kids were all really good. I ate too much chocolate though. Our P.E. teacher brought a lot of chocolate to fill up our "chocolate container" that everyone eats out of. Soooo...I ate a lot of chocolate eggs. They were really good. Evan and Dane both had off today. They both had business to take care of so that worked out. Evan has to start back to school tomorrow and Dane has a new job to start. He got transferred to a new company starting tomorrow. He will be working out of Evansville for a few months. He only works Tuesday through Friday, 10 hour days. He is excited about working a four day week for awhile and being in the same town as Evan. She has only 3 weeks of school left too. The Spring has really flown by!!! 
I finished The Priest. I am so thankful for Jesus. I am so glad that He is our High Priest and there is no longer any need for the sacrifices in the tabernacle to atone for our sin. I am so glad that He is the spotless lamb that took death for my sins. Most of all I am thankful that He sits on the throne next to His Father interceding on my part. What a SAVIOR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels