Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's Thursday and no new Gray's Anatomy. Hum...I wonder why? Maybe next week. Oh well. I know, I really shouldn't watch that show; but I really like it. 

I have worked out at Curves everyday this week. I think I'll take the day off tomorrow and not work out. I feel so much better when I exercise, though. Now if I could just stop eating chocolate I could lose another 20 pounds. :-D

I've been reading some other blogs. Some of them are so serious and some are fun and some are a little of both. I don't think my style fits any of them. I know, that is why I am "random". I'm not going to copy someone else's style because I think that's how it is supposed to look. I just want this to be silly and serious, useful and not so useful information at the same time. I think maybe so far I'm succeeding. What do you think?

We had Celebrity Readers at our school yesterday. This is where someone from the public, "A Celebrity", comes in to each classroom and reads to the children. They usually bring a snack and sometimes a small activity. All of our readers showed up this year or they got their own replacements. That was refreshing! Of course, there were cupcakes, sugar cookies, candy, juice boxes, chips, and ice cream. Which means ALOT of sugar! We even had 2 dogs. The readers usually dress up too, that's part of the entertainment. It's always a really fun day.

Yesterday was also the "Tea Party" Day at the Harrisburg Court House. I didn't participate but DeWayne did. It's makes me sad that the people in leadership of our country see this as a threat to "Homeland Security".  I wonder if I don't agree with everything that is presented to me in the years to come if I will be considered a huge threat. I'm am very proud of the people who participated in this event. This is just the kind of demonstration that our forefathers were in favor of. There were no ugliness. Only people who made speeches and informed the people. Our country is in really bad shape. It's not President Obama's fault and it's not even President Bush's fault (even though EVERYONE wants to blame him). The fault lies with us, the voters who continually put up with our lawmakers making bad laws, not reading what they push through and vote on,  allowing our government for the people,  by the people to seemingly have disappeared. I'm not usually very politically informed. I am a conservative because it seems to line up closest to Jesus. But there is so much junk that I SO do not agree with going on that I just have to say SOMETHING!!! We have got to vote. We have got to make our voices be heard. We have got to stand up and call for changes. The "Tea Party" just allowed concerned citizens to be heard. 
Enough said! (For now!)

Friday tomorrow! Saturday I'm going to a Ladies Retreat in Flora with my sister's church. My friend Brigette is going with me. It starts at 8 a.m. and it takes almost 2 hours to get there. So we will be getting up and leaving here VERY early. I'm looking forward to the retreat. My sister always puts on a good program. I'm very proud of all the hard work she does as the head of Women's Ministries at her church. Go Marsha!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels