Friday, April 3, 2009

It's Finally Here!

Spring Break is finally here! I can turn off the alarm and wake up when I want to. Of course, that's a big joke because it will take my internal clock all week long to figure out that I'm not getting up at 5:30 a.m. every day. Oh well, I can always go back to sleep. Yay! Today was not a fast day. It seemed to crawl by. That is always the case when it's an early dismissal day. 

Speaking of early dismissal. Do parents read anything that comes home in their children's backpacks? We dismissed at 2 p.m. today because of Spring Break. I wait in the cafeteria with another aide with the children who get picked up. Some of the children are waiting on siblings who ride the shuttle from one of the other schools and some are just children who's parents still don't know that we get out at 2:40(on regular days) and show up at 3 p.m. Today, at 2:25 (25 minutes after the bell rang), there were still 8 children that had not been picked up and when I left at 2:30 there were still 2 children in the office that were waiting on a grown up. The early dismissal time was on the calendar that went home the first day of school. It was on the calendar that the children just took home Tuesday. It was on several notes that the children's teachers sent home. And it was announced yesterday at the end of the day. Sooooo, does anybody read the stuff that we send home from the school? When Dane and Evan were in school, not just grade school, but until they both graduated, I took the school calendar the first day of school and wrote down ALL the important times and dates on another calendar. If I picked my kids up after school, I thought I was late if I arrived 5 minutes before the bell. It's really sad because most of the people who are late are the ones who have no job and no commitments except the couch. O.K. I'll step off my soap box now. 

I am looking forward to tomorrow. DeWayne and I are going to spend the whole day together. I think we are going to take pictures. Can't wait. I'll post some this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels