Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 75 of 350

Well, today I spent the day at John A. Logan College at the Tech  Showcase. It is a conference that is held every Spring for educators in this area. There seemed to be more people there this year than in years past. The day started with a keynote speaker and then was divided in to 5 break out sessions and lunch.
The keynote speaker was very good and very engaging. He spoke about native learners (in the new digital, computer, etc. age) as opposed to the people like me and everyone over 30 who has to learn all this knowledge. He talked about the way children learn and what is working now. I saw and got several of his points but getting everyone to see this point of view and keeping track of who's online where...HEADACHES!! for the tech people!!!
I sat through 4 sessions about the iPad and it's use in the classroom. Only one of them was awful. The guys presenting were from a district that is not Mac friendly so they had only a few nice things to say about the device. I actually got up and left it was so Mac-bashing. (my husband calls me a Mac snob so I was completely offended :D)
I did learn some new things and they always share new sites. There are so many Apps for the iPad for education. It's an amazing tool. I know it's not perfect and has its shortfalls but the good far outweighs the bad!
LaDonna & Marsha
I spent the day with Marsha yesterday. Their house is "sale-pending". So they are gearing up for a move somewhere. I chose this picture because she and I took a few walks down memory lane yesterday. We found a lot of "treasures" that had been tucked away in her basement for awhile. Good times and much laughter!
Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. Can't wait! :) Shouldn't be too bad. I am just getting my permanent crown. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels