Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another Icy Day

Here comes the ice again. It's not a lot but just enough to make going anywhere a sliding experience. DeWayne just got home; said the highway wasn't too bad but the blacktop was SLICK! I think I will just stay put today. It's warm and cozy here at the Whitlock house. :D

I just tried to look up a telephone number in the phonebook for our hospital. Living in Raleigh; we get 3 phonebooks a year. They have numbers for everywhere under the sun; but I had to look in 2 phonebooks to find the number. Craziness! That's my peeve for the day!

I wrapped all the gifts this morning that had not been wrapped. Even the little stocking stuff. It's all ready to be put out by Santa! :) 

Dane called last night. He thought he might get to come home today. We got ice, they got more snow. Soooo.....I will probably see him when I see him. I just pray for his and his crews safety.

Evan made cupcakes last night. Her first, by herself project. She did a good job. Christmas Funfetti cupcakes. DeWayne and his crew ate them. 

I started The Shack. It is so far pretty good. The characters refer to God as Papa. I've never been a part of a book club. Am I supposed to be taking notes about the book? Do I mark the pages that speak to me? Or do I just wing it when I get there? Maybe I'll just play it by ear for the first meeting. 

I've been thinking a lot about Christmas traditions. Besides running around to everybody else's houses; we as a family don't have any traditions. So, I have decided to claim Christmas Eve as our holiday time for our family next year. I want to have a big meal here. I want to cook for the masses. I want people to come and have a good time. This will probably be a time with DeWayne's family (Dad, brother, sister and families). God blessed us with a big house and I want to be able to share. I have a plan. I'm looking forward to how it all turns out next year!

For those of you who know me, I have had a year of transformation in my physical body. I was not a very healthy person this time last year. I went to the Doctor in January this year and he informed me I REALLY needed to lose weight. So, I joined Curves. I changed my diet. And I have lost 55 pounds. I am in the best physical shape I have been in in years. I feel great and I am excited about life! I could not have done it without the strength of God and the moral support of my family and friends. Once I got started, there was no turning back. I really like Curves. It makes working out fun and quick. I like vegetables more now and I like to encourage those around me to lose weight too. I am not following any diet. I eat what I like. I just don't eat as much of it! My goal is 15 more pounds. When I reach that, I'll set another goal if it seems realistic.

Evan brought home a book I forgot I had bought: Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me. I thought this little quip would be my great random thought for the day:
Some weeks you really need Saturday on a Wednesday.

Did you know that Charles Lindbergh, the first guy to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean, was afraid of heights? Just goes to show you, with God all things are possible!

Isaiah 9: 6-7
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels