Saturday, December 27, 2008

Now to Clean Up

It's Saturday and all the Christmas presents have been given and received. We've opened gifts at 3 different homes; 4 if you include our own. I think we've covered everyone. :D 
I keep thinking the Christmas tree will just disappear, but I guess I need to put it away. 
Well, maybe tomorrow or Wednesday! :)

 I am thankful for every gift and especially for all the time we've been allowed to share with our families. Probably the most fun was at DeWayne's sister and brother-in-law's home Christmas Day evening. No formal meal, no gifts, just junk food and games. Not board games but wii and Dance, Dance Revolution and xBox. Let's just say that I don't usually participate in video game night. (I think I have a hand eye coordination deficiancy.) Wii is very different. I really enjoyed being silly and getting my butt kicked by Dalton. Watching Delaney and Ame play DDR...well, let's just say I'm impressed. I have no hand foot coordination either. :D The wii Fit is a marvelous tool I wouldn't mind owning. All that exercise and fun too. 

I watched The Patriot with my husband last night before he left for work. It is one of his all-time favorites. I enjoyed watching it too. The bloody battle scenes aren't my favorite but I have learned to look away. :) My favorite line is when Gabriel (Heath Ledger) and Benjamin (Mel Gibson) are arguing about Gabriel going back to join the battle. Gabriel says;"I am not a child!" and Benjamin says:"You are my child!" Those lines have really made me think last night and today. I feel that way about my own children when I am giving them advice. I'm sure my own mother feels that way about me still. And then I thought about God. How many times do we practically yell at God with that reference that we are not children and I'm sure God is very patiently saying to us "But you are my child." Many things in life don't go the way we want them to. Many situations scream that WE ARE IN CHARGE OF OUR OWN LIVES!!! and God on his throne is still saying "But you are my child". So I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe I need to live my life like God really is my Father and I am his child. And for this; I am truly thankful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels