Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The New Year

It's unbelievable that I have put up the calendar for January 2009! Every month I take the write-on/wipe-off calendar on the frig and clear out the dates and start fresh for new month. I still can't believe that it's already January again.

2008 was a year of many things. Let's start at the beginning:
January
Dane started Linemen's School in Trenton, GA. This was a 4 month program to train him as an electrical lineman. Abbie was still living with us finishing cosmetology school at John A. Logan. Evan started her last semester of High School. DeWayne was still working at EEI and I started another Spring semester at West Side. Physically I was a wreck and I went to the doctor who explained to me that I needed to lose weight. So, with much determination I started Curves and I changed my diet. (Not so much a diet but a definite eating change).
February
Dane is still at school in Georgia. The month started with a snow day. We voted in the presidential primary. Snow day #2, & 3, & 4 thanks to an ice storm. Then snow day #5 & 6. Our Whitlock Family (DeWayne's mom, brother & sister and their families except Jake and Dane) left for Disney World the last day of the month. DeWayne is offered a job at Southern Illinois Power Company at Lake of Egypt.
March
The first week of the month we were on vacation. DISNEY WORLD. Yeah!!! We took Jackie with us. While on vacation snow day #7. We spent one night in Chattanooga visiting Dane. By now, I have lost over 20 pounds!!! DeWayne started his new job the week after we got back from Disney. He's 20 minutes closer to home!!! Not snow days but rain days. We missed many days of school because of a severe flood in Saline County. I have never seen so much water in my whole life.
April
Snow, ice, rain, flood and earthquake. We were rocked awake by the earth shaking. Dane graduated the 16th. We were very proud of him and still are! He got a job with Groves Electric and started before the end of the month. Evan hurt her knee and wasn't able to finish her Sr. year of soccer. :( DeWayne loves his new job. Evan got accepted at University of Evansville.
May
Prom. The last one I have to buy a dress or rent a tux for. It was lovely. We served dinner here for 14. Evan turned 18. Graduation. Summer Vacation
June
SOAR at U.E. Dane's still working at Groves. Evan's collecting stuff for a dorm room. 
July
I turn 45 this month. Fifty is not looking that old anymore! My very good friend got married in Ohio. Evan, Jackie and I go to the wedding. Evan finally got to ride the Beast at King's Island. Dane turns 21. Wow where does time go? 
August
Grandma Griswold comes for a visit. I start my 4th year as the Technology Aide at West Side. I feel comfortable in my job. Not anxious. Evan starts school on DeWayne's birthday. Abbie moves home to Wisconsin.
September
Liberty Fest -Lemon Shake-ups Dane and Evan both helped. DeWayne made sure the power stayed on. Dane is accepted in the Lineman's Apprenticeship program. He will start working for Asplundh in Jackson, MO. This is the start of a 3 year program. 
October
I have now lost 50 pounds. My health is much better. Dane likes his job, DeWayne likes his job, and Evan loves school. 
November
We elected a new president. Dane goes to climbing school 3 weeks in a row in Ohio. I now have a great-niece, Ally. Thanksgiving at Marsha's. Much laughing and great family pictures.
December
Yuck-stomach flu.(but I lost 5 more pounds). Snow day #1. Evan home. Dane on his first storm duty in Peoria, IL. DeWayne working many hours of overtime. And now getting ready for a new year. 

This is long, I know. It doesn't sound like we accomplished that much for the year. As I reflect, I am so thankful for every person that God has put in our paths this year. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve him and to publicly praise him. He is a Great God that I serve! I pray that my life will be an even greater testimony to his greatness in 2009. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels