Monday, December 22, 2008

Not Your Typical Monday

Psalm 100
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues 
through all generations.

I read this and every time it makes me want to read it out loud and very loudly!!!! For this time, and this time of the year, we should be giving thanks continually and declaring that the Lord is good and His faithfulness abounds!!!

Only 3 more days until Christmas and it is not a "Typical Monday". I am home. I got to have an extended quiet time. I'm on my second cup of coffee. DeWayne is asleep because of midnights and Evan is asleep because she's a college student on vacation. I am doing laundry (I do laundry on Thursdays) and it's FREEZING!!!

Dane has checked in a couple of times. It is very cold in Peoria and they are working very long and hard days to get the power back on for the people there. We're still wondering if he will be home for Christmas. The weather is supposed to be bad again Tuesday and Wednesday. It's a toss up. 

The answer to the Cosby Show question: Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, and Rudy. I wouldn't have known the answer to that question. I think I would have gotten 2 of them. :D

My friends Lisa, Brigette, Darla, Terah, JeriLynn, Kari, and Julie have decided to do a book club for 2009. I am so excited. These are the craziest and funnest (Not a word) group of women I have ever had the pleasure to call my friends. I love them all dearly and I am so glad that God put us all together at LCC. But anyway, back to the book club thing. I wasn't able to go to the "Planning meeting" but we are going to read The Shack for our first meeting in January. I bought it yesterday (oh yeah, I went shopping AGAIN yesterday) at Target. I've read many reviews on it and I think it will be a good read. I'll keep you posted.
This same group of ladies have all read Karen Kingsbury's books about the Baxter Family. The "R" series, the "F" series, and the "S" series. I have only read the "R's". This family seems so real that we have joked about asking for prayer for their family in our small groups. I am waiting patiently :D for the first book in the "F" series - Fame. Brigette is a couple books behind the rest of us and we actually made her go to the bathroom so we could talk about the plot in a book she hadn't read yet. Brigette is a really good sport. 

I help cook breakfast on Sunday mornings for the transportation kids and whoever walks through the kitchen hungry. I see a lot of these children at school during the week and it's a joy to love on them on Sundays too. I work with Brigette, Wayne, Susan, DeWayne, Ashley, Jesse, Tammy, Evan, Hannah, Kaylynn, Zach, Jeremiah, Wyatt, and sometimes Isaiah. We all have our little jobs we like to do. I seem to have graduated to making scrambled eggs. We only scramble 10 dozen every week! Yesterday we served hash browns with our regular food of eggs, bacon, and pancakes. YUMMY!

DeWayne's sister, Denise, wanted to go shopping after church yesterday. So being a good sport I went shopping in Carbondale and Marion yesterday. I think, I really, really think that I bought EVERYTHING that I need for Christmas. I am not going back to Marion or Carbondale this week. I was there 3 days in a row. I bought the funniest book at Walden Books. It's called Scared of Santa. It is a book of pictures of children and Santa Claus over the years and most of the children are crying so hard. It's hilarious! Many of the Santa's are very, very scary looking. I had to buy it. I'm putting it on my coffee table for all to enjoy!

I will have to watch 2 of my all-time favorite Christmas movies today: Christmas Vacation and White Christmas. I think since Thanksgiving I have watched them both about 3 times already but they are so good that I have to watch them again. I also have to venture out of my warm house and go workout sometime this afternoon. I really need to work out these 2 days before Christmas. 

So, until tomorrow...
Did you know that Cary Grant never won an Oscar. (What a crime!)

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels