Tuesday, February 10, 2009

100th Day

For anyone who has a child in early elementary school, today was a really big day in my building. It was the 100th Day of School. We are all 100 days smarter. We have counted the days to reach this milestone. We have counted by ones, by fives and  by tens to reach 100. We've brought collections of 100 things and we've displayed them proudly. So, today was about showing off counting skills. We also had cake and cookies and candies and whatever else we could to celebrate. Let's just say I've eaten cake and I've had a few pieces of candy today. Sugar high and sugar low. I'm glad I went to Curves after work to work this off. :D

Thankful list:
1. the two warmer days we just had
2. teachers and staff who love children
3. DeWayne's cooking skills (he grilled amazing chicken tonight)
4. having a car to drive
5. DeWayne having a car to drive too

I'm in Exodus in my Bible reading. All those very detailed details about the temple and the ark and the priests clothing. It's very hard to read sometimes. But our God is an amazing God of details. I love that. He made me. He put me in this exact spot. He knew how I was going to turn out before I was even formed. So sometimes the details seem boring or not relevant to today but in reality it's just the fact that He knows the details. He CARES about the details then and now! It makes me so excited that I can hardly type. I can't type as fast as my brain is working. :D So I think I'll keep plodding along in Exodus. I'm almost finished with that book anyway and I just started Luke. I feel like I'm flying through the Bible!!!

I am about finished with "The Year of Living Biblically." Each chapter is the months broken down. He's in month ten and he's exploring the New Testament and Jesus. I'm cheering for him to get to know Jesus and fall in love. My hope is that he turns his heart to God and Jesus and a relationship with them! I'll keep you posted.

Remember:
Life is too short to not pay attention.


1 comment:

  1. I love Exodus...it changed my life!!! Keep going! I love you...sorry the day was long, but the kids get really excited about 100 of everything!

    ReplyDelete

Labels