Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Is it Wednesday already? Unbelievable! What's even more unbelievable is the fact that there are only 3 more days left in this month. Wasn't it just yesterday that I couldn't believe that January was already over? February was quite an eventful month. (2 no school days, 1 sick day, 2 funeral days, Dane being gone, and Evan thinking her appendix needed to come out.) After having the last week of January off because of snow, it doesn't feel like I worked much more in February. :D Oh, well. I have a feeling that March may drag by! 

Back to that Evan thing. She called me yesterday afternoon to inform me that the campus health nurse thought she needed to go to the emergency room because she thought her appendix was going to burst. After blood work, poking and prodding, and a ct scan. She has a few small cysts on her left ovary. So good strong pain killers and anti-inflamatory drugs in hand and she's doing GREAT! The good side was that her ER doctor was a real hottie. (This made Evan and her friends very happy.) She will be home Friday for Spring Break. We get to hang out together Monday. 

Tomorrow night is Book Club Night, FINALLY! I am so excited. I feel very scholarly.:D I've never been in a book club. I've read hundreds of books and I have never gotten together with a group to discuss any of them just for fun. I've read books and taught lessons out of them with discussion included. But this is the first time that I have been in a group where we all read the same book at our own pace. I'll let you know how it goes. In case you forgot; we are discussing The Shack. I've been going back through it and looking at the notes that I took while I read it. The book is really good. I think that it is worth your time to read. I'm anxious to see what we pick to read for the next time. I have a few ideas. I hope the others bring ideas too. 

I'm liking the DirecTV thing. We have DVR. I never knew how wonderful it could be to record something and have it be right on the TV and just be able play it back. Better than a VCR (I don't have to hunt for any tapes-just scroll through the list.) I highly recommend it. 

DeWayne and I went to his grandpa's and brought home all the old photo albums. I have been sorting pictures again. This time they are Whitlock ones. I have been scanning them too. It's fun to look at his family. Some of the pictures are of his grandpa as a child in the early 1900's   (@1915 or so) There are many, many pictures from the 70's. Funny, funny! I will be sharing some of them on the Whitlock Memory page. 
The Whitlock Memory page just keeps growing and growing. I scan and upload pictures all the time. It will probably never be "finished". I love working on it though. 

No more for tonight. Probably no more until Friday!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels