Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy 200th Birthday Abraham Lincoln!

Because the great state of Illinois claims Abraham Lincoln as theirs we get the day off. Maybe next year we will take President's Day like the rest of the country!! Getting a day off (and not including snow) is a real treat. And...the sun is shining and it is actually a beautiful day. Wow, isn't God great! Yay, God!!!

I've done laundry and put stuff away that always seems to pile up on my table. Now, it's just me, my laptop and maybe another cup of coffee. Some days I wish DeWayne's schedule and my schedule would work out. He's on midnights so on this fabulous day; he's asleep. Boo!!! There's always Spring Break. Maybe we'll have a day or two off then together!

The kindergarten and first grades had their Valentine's Day parties Wednesday. The second grades are having their parties tomorrow when we get back. Plus it is second grade RIF day. So looks like another crazy day at West Side. I love it! (RIF is Reading is Fundamental. The kids have a program and get a book and a gift. Very fun.)

I've scanned more pictures this morning and I have gone through the external hard drive looking at a whole lot more. I'm still having fun with this project. I like the fact that I can go to our Whitlock Memories page and see these pictures anytime I want and they are in some kind of order. It's fun sharing. 

Thankful List:
1. getting to sleep an hour later this morning
2. seeing buds on my forsythia bushes
3. indoor plumbing
4. electricty (it was out for several hours yesterday)
5. the children at West Side School

Dane is still working many long hours restoring power in Missouri. He's very tired. At this point he wants to get finished and sleep about 3 weeks. DeWayne is going down tomorrow to see him. Too bad it's not today so I could go too. Maybe next week they will be finished. I'm sure the people where he's working are tired of not having power. Ours was off several hours yesterday because of the wind and I was very ready for it to come back on.

Evan lost another goldfish. Maybe she needs to try another variety of fish. They last about 2 weeks and die. Oh well, it's just $2. I remember when fish were 25 cents at the Dime Store in Eldorado. I told Evan that and she just laughed at me. I guess I am old!

Perhaps I should get something major accomplished today. Or, maybe not! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels