Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Brrrrr!

Last Tuesday the ice and snow arrived and today it's still lingering because the temperature dropped to unbearable. It is really cold because of the north wind. We have two days of this wonderful single digit weather forecasted and then by the weekend it's supposed to be 65. Oh well, as I have said before. If you don't like the weather today just stick around it will be totally different tomorrow.

Today I am thankful for:
1.Curves
2.my washer and dryer
3.a toothbrush and toothpaste
4.my Bible
5.the ability to read

DeWayne made it home in one piece last night and tonight he actually gets to go to bed and get 8 hours sleep! He described some of the ice damage he saw. He said almost all the trees he saw had no tops. Very sad :( He didn't get to see Dane; he hadn't made it back in yet from work. He did talk to him and he's doing all right. I'm going to start missing him before he gets home I think!

I'm still keeping up with reading the Bible all the way through in a year. It was encouraging to look at January's calendar and see all those days marked off in red. (I used a red colored pencil to circle the Bible chapters as I read them and then marked the day off.) It made me want to keep on going! I'm excited about God's Word. It is so alive and speaks fabulous truth in to my life EVERY DAY!!! 

I get so excited watching the Biggest Loser on TV. When those people weigh and lose huge amounts of weight I cheer for them! It encourages me to want to get tougher on my eating choices and start losing weight again. Over the year, I have lost right at 50 pounds. (I had actually lost a little more but that had to do with the flu I had. :D) I'm kind of at a standstill with my weight. I'm comfortable in my clothes and with myself at this time in my life. I would like to lose 20 more pounds but I have to weigh the cost. To get further down the scale, I am going to have to cut about 250 calories a day out of my diet for a month or two. So, it's time to get serious again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels