Sunday, February 8, 2009

Glorious Sunday

Every time I post a Sunday it's to say how amazing our service was this morning. Well, today was no disappointment. Never, in the time we've been going to LCC has Jeff shown a DVD on Sunday morning instead of preaching. Well, this morning he showed us a DVD with Louis Giglio. The DVD was from the How Great is Our God tour. Here is a You Tube link to one of the most powerful points.
People who are struggling to believe that God could create us and the universe need to watch this clip as well as the whole video. Nothing as big as this universe that is completely in sync could be a happenstance creation. 
Psalm 33:6-9
By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. He gathers the waters of the sea into jars; he puts the deep into storehouses. Let all the earth fear the Lord: let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.

Good Stuff!!!

Thankful List:
1. my cell phone
2.choices of food to eat
3.that the ice has finally melted away
4.the opportunity to cook breakfast at church every Sunday
5.Grandparents that made wise choices as an example to me

As this list goes on, I have a feeling that each entry may not be only one line. :D

Evan came home for the afternoon. It was fun to hang out with her and watch TV. Oh yeah, the DirecTV guy finally came yesterday afternoon at 3:30. It only took him 3 1/2 hours to hook up our TVs with all those 120 channels. I've watched a couple of movies that I hadn't seen and I've channel surfed. It will take me awhile to figure out where the channels are. I may have to make a little cheat sheet of my favorites. 

I actually watched "Akeelah and the Bee." I really liked this movie. It is about a little girl from California that wins her local spelling bee and competes at the national level. The story was very good. I give it a thumbs up. :D

I get to go back to work tomorrow. Yay! We only have a four day week this week because of Lincoln's birthday. Of course, that's on Thursday. I think I'll either go see Evan (and shop) or see if I need to take Dane some stuff. I won't make that plan until Wednesday. 

I'm really excited about Valentine's Day. DeWayne got tickets for the play Sabrina Fair. It's going to be at the Marion Civic Center. I can't wait. Sabrina is one of my favorite movies (both the old and the new version). Valentin's Day 1981 is when DeWayne and I had our first date. We've been a couple for a LONG time! We celebrate this anniversary in a bigger way than our wedding anniversary. 

Better quit for tonight - more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels