Monday, February 2, 2009

Back to Work

What an interesting day yesterday was. I didn't even post. 

Church was awesome! Jeff is continuing his talks about righteousness and truth and justice and yesterday he added grace. I love that he's not holding anything back. People need to hear the hard truths. Being a Christian has to cost something and that cost has to be my choices. The world or Jesus! I choose Jesus!

I helped with breakfast yesterday but we didn't have any bus kids only parking crew and stragglers. :D  

The snow turned to mush yesterday and became very hard to drive in. I got stuck at church and had to be pushed out and then I got stuck right in front of my garage. Needless to say, I didn't go anywhere last night. Evan, on the other hand, had to go back to Evansville. So she and I spent over an hour digging and pushing her car out of the slush. YUCK!!! I am so sore today because of the pushing and shoveling. But once she got out she didn't have any trouble driving to Evansville. :D

I have become totally obsessed with my Whitlock Memories page. I have looked at pictures and scanned pictures and made pages and albums. I had a good time at work sharing it with my friends. Of course, they all think I have way too much time on my hands. Probably so!

School wasn't too bad today. I think the kids were all asleep because they were all really great. In the computer lab anyway, they did everything I asked them like they hadn't missed a beat. We'll see what tomorrow brings! I'm tired tonight. I'll be completely exhausted tomorrow.

DeWayne worked a double shift yesterday (off at 10 p.m. last night) and then worked day shift today (back to work at 6 a.m.). He headed to Missouri after he got off work today to take Dane some supplies.  He's going to be exhausted when he finally gets home. 

As I was driving to work this morning, I was thinking about all the things that I am thankful for. I guess what made me think most about this was seeing a bus stop in front of a house in Harrisburg. A lady got off the bus, went to the door and helped a disabled student walk to the bus. I am very thankful for people who so lovingly care for the disabled children in our school district.  
My list could be very long and never ending! Perhaps that's what I'm going to post this month:Everyday - five things I am thankful for!
1.DeWayne
2.Dane
3.Evan
4.A warm comfortable bed
5.Running water

I'll try not to repeat. Just know that I am thankful for DeWayne, Dane and Evan. They are always at the top of all lists. :D
I almost forgot - The groundhog saw his shadow. Six more weeks of bad weather. Well duh! Spring isn't for 6 weeks so what do you expect?!? Oh, well! After last week a lot of people were wishing for an early spring I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels