Friday, February 20, 2009

What a wonderful Friday afternoon. I only had to work for 3 1/2 hours today. We had the afternoon off. Yay! I cleaned my computer lab this morning. The tables and the computers were yucky. Dust, fingerprints, and goo. What a great combination! Everything is sparkling fresh now. Of course,  they'll be grubby again in no time! 

Dane will join the grownups today. He's buying a new truck. He's very excited. Of course, when he receives his payment book (do they even do that anymore?) he might not be so excited. He's been driving the Tracker since his senior year of high school (2004). So he's ready for a new car. It seems he's been around the world in that tracker. 

The school board meeting didn't go as we, the West Side teachers, were wanting it to Tuesday evening. I was not able to attend because of the funeral visitation but our whole staff went in unison to ask for Scott back as our principal. Several of our staff worked on a presentation for the board; presenting facts and data as to why younger children need a male role model in a leadership position. The board pretty much laughed in our faces. So if you read this and your child goes to Harrisburg to school, find a school board member and ask them about their decisions and whether they are for the children or for their personal agenda! We as the staff had taken the high road and kept a positive spin on how we approached this difficult situation. We were under the "Pollyanna" assumption that good does prevail if you are nice. NOT!!! So the gloves are off. Four school board positions are up for reelection this spring and I am encouraging you to vote! It's time for a change. A small side note: Todd Fort is also up for reelection and he was very humble and sorry about this. He voted in our favor in this issue and was outnumbered. I don't usually get involved in politics or seriously backing candidates but this is an issue that is close to my heart. I work with children. I love these children. I work for a principal who also loves these children and cares deeply for them. He is what every child who does not have a father figure in their home needs to see everyday!

The Bible tells me not to be anxious about anything. And this was what my InDeed devotion just happened to be about this morning. God is so Great that he put this in front of me just when I needed to see it! I love it when that happens.
"Anxiety comes from strain, and strain is caused by too compete a dependence on ourselves." Thomas Merton
Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned.
So right now, while I am feeling defeated by people who seem very evil, I must remember that God is with me. I must depend on Him and not on my own strength. He has all power to take care of this problem. We (I) must let Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels