Sunday, March 29, 2009

The laundry is done (well, all but the folding). Evan is packed and Dane is packing up. It's time for everyone to head back to their places - school and work. Soon it will be the quiet house again. Don't get me wrong, I like the quiet time and I like the uninterrupted time with DeWayne, but I do miss Dane and Evan when they are not here. I also miss having their friends here too. Jackie and Angela were here last night watching a movie and this was after we had spent the afternoon in Carbondale shopping together. I'm just glad that even though they are all grown up they still like to come here and hang out. 

Dane bought a dirt bike this weekend. We have always had 4-wheelers (or 3-wheelers) but we have never owned a motorcycle. DeWayne was the wildest 3-wheeler rider ever seen; racing, mudding, whatever just always riding so when Dane said he was buying a dirt bike we weren't thrilled but we couldn't say a whole lot. He bought a helmet too (thank goodness). His buddies all have dirt bikes, so he has a lot of friends to ride with.  I'll just keep praying for his safety while he rides. :D

My book group decided to read The Priest. It's a book about Moses and Aaron written in fiction. It is one I haven't read so I am excited to read it. I ordered our group's books from Amazon. They will be here on Tuesday. Yay! I'll keep you posted about how good the book is. Our group continues to grow. I said something about book group today at church and one of my Lisa friends said she would like to join too. So, yeehaw! The more the merrier especially when everyone loves to get together and have fun! 

I'm getting ready to paint my living room. Probably not until Summer, but I like to be prepared. :D I am looking at colors and painting techniques. I am thinking about an orange color with a red wash. I will try it first on a piece of board to see if I like it. I've got to paint the upstairs bathroom too. There are many things that I want to do to our house. We haven't really done anything to the inside since we've moved in here (1996). So some things are a little outdated.  

This is the last week of March. Thursday is mine and DeWayne's anniversary. We've been married for 26 years (more of less :D) I have to work late at the Book Fair. It's the First Grade Art and Music Show at my school. It will be a very busy, late night. Can't wait! 

I'll try to post more than once this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels