Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rambling

Well, I've been informed that our nice days are coming to an end. Tomorrow it is supposed to be rainy and cold (again)! Oh well, what is Spring for anyway but a constant change in the weather. 

Tomorrow I am headed to John A. Logan to a Technology Showcase. It's an annual event where all us "Geeks" can get together and learn something new. It is usually pretty good. There is always something new to learn. Several of our teachers are going this year. I hope they also learn something. 

DeWayne and I have been enjoying the nice evening sitting on our dock in lawn chairs. He fished while I read. He caught several blue gill and crappie with a few bass too. He's outside cleaning them now. I love fresh fish. Maybe that will be supper tomorrow night! The clouds are starting to roll in and the temperature is dropping a little. I had to put my sweatshirt on right before I came in. I sometimes wish that our weather here was like this year round. I just like this weather. Sunny, cool, warm in the sun, no humidity, very nice!

Sickness didn't take over this time. (I said on Monday that I was feeling a little sick.) It must have passed me this time. Yay! I have too much to do to be sick. I really must get ready for book group next week. I now have only one week. I have to clean and put some things away. I guess that's what Saturday is going to be for. :D

I am almost finished with Numbers and John. I decided to read Numbers in The Message. It is much easier to understand. A few years ago I bought the entire Old Testament in The Message. Some of the Old Testament books are more readable in that translation. I'm reading the other books in my regular quiet time Bible (The New King James Version). This isn't even the version I use all the time either. I was raised reading the New International Version. (I got my first copy in High School.) I use the Holman Christian Standard version on Sunday mornings. It is similar to the NIV and I really like it too. I keep several Bibles close so I can check the way verses read in different translations. Sometimes the language doesn't make sense to me so I check it out in another version. I'm thankful that I have the resources available to me to be able to do that. 

Time to get back to hanging out with DeWayne. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels