Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Unlimited Love

I haven't posted since Sunday. Oh well. And I was going to try to post more this week. Maybe I really don't have that many important things to say. :D

InDeed just keeps me going every day. I love that it gives me exactly what I need to see, read and hear at just the right time. 
So today was also titled "Unlimited Love"; I'm not very original. I have a quote to share with you.
"God doesn't just love us; He loves us infinitely. When He forgives, He forgives completely. When He saves, He saves thoroughly. When He makes a covenant with us, it's a forever covenant. The eternal, infinite God does not express His core attributes in temporary, partial ways. He is an extreme God with an extreme love. That's good for us to know, because we question His love often. Things don't work out as we planned, and we wonder if God loves us. He doesn't give us what we asked for, so we speculate that He might be withholding His affection. When we harbor such thoughts, we are underestimating God. We are applying our finite experience to an infinite being. The result is a distorted view.  God lavishes love on us that is unlimited, amazing and free."
This really struck my heart. I love the words used - completely, thoroughly, infinitely, forever, eternal, extreme. How often do I underestimate God? How often do I harbor these shallow thoughts? I want to say not very often; but closer to the truth is quite often. I'm not very happy about it and I truly struggle with it. Perhaps as I read the Word this year and really seek God I will learn to trust Him more and more.  His amazing love will be in every view of everything I see. And even when circumstances don't meet my "agenda" I must realize that God sees the bigger picture. I get so caught up in the trivial that I miss the whole. God is complete. He is thorough. He is infinite. He is forever. He is eternal. He is extreme. My prayer is that my finite mind will start to grasp the greatness of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels