Monday, March 9, 2009

Welcome Daylight Savings Time

Well, kinda welcome daylight savings time. I'm a little tired from missing an hour of sleep from setting my clock forward Saturday evening. I love the fact that it is 6 pm and it's still light outside! I really like that. I'll have to get used to it being dark at 5:30 am again though. 

I'm about halfway finished with my book for book club, The Rain. I've talked to several of the others and a few are where I am and most haven't started yet. Even though I had already read the book I am rereading it with the group. Mostly because it has been about 2 years since I read it the first time. I needed a refresher. It is a very good book. I like the perspective of seeing Noah and his family and their reactions to the flood, the destruction of the earth and people, and the struggles of their lives. I'm taking notes as I read so I can remember all the parts that really speak to my heart. I'm hosting book club this month. I can't decide about the food. I've debated back and forth over the choices. Appetizers? Sub sandwiches? Baked spaghetti? Home made pizza? I don't know! I want each one for a different reason. I'll try to make a decision by next week.

DeWayne caught crappie for supper. Yum!!! I love fresh fish. This is the time of year for big catches of crappie. Yay!

I can tell it's almost Spring. DeWayne is excited about going rock climbing. He's going tomorrow. I wish I was off but I better not take the day. I think I will save my last 2 personal days until May. Evan will be out of school then. 

Evan went back to school yesterday. Her classes resumed today. She had two papers due this week. Dane was home Friday and Saturday. He had to work Sunday. They are starting to work seven 10 hour shifts. So he will be going a few days (weeks) with no days off. I only really saw him for a couple of hours. He had a meeting Friday night until late and had class all day Saturday. I got to do his laundry. :) I'm missing them both already. :(

It was warm a couple of days last week and BOOM - the Easter flowers bloomed. I hadn't even noticed them up until I saw the yellow blooms. I had been watching for the crocus and all of a sudden there they were too. I love the purple and the yellow. I need to check out the forsythia. When they bloom it makes me happy to drive down my driveway. Yellow is just about one of my favorite colors! Maybe that's why we have about 10 forsythia bushes in our yard!

My car is back in service. It was acting a little squirrelly and DeWayne took it to the Saturn place last week. Seems a drain line from the sunroof was clogged and was causing my car to lose power. It's fixed now. I had been driving Dane's Tracker. I missed the smooth ride of my car but could drive 45 on the gravel if I wanted in the Tracker! It's just the right kind of weather for the sunroof. I love it!

Jeff talked about being thankful for the small things of life yesterday. Hello!!! That's what I have been talking about too. He was really funny because he had a toilet seat. Anyone who has been on a mission trip outside the US knows that most places don't have a regular toilet; let alone a toilet seat. So I totally agree with the thanks for the toilet seat!!!! (and toilet paper!!!) Fresh water to brush my teeth, toothpaste, a toothbrush, soap, a running shower. The last mission trip I went on to Mexico, we had a really nice bathroom in our room. When I went on a mission trip to Mexico with my sister's church; we had outdoor bathrooms (like shower houses at the pool except there was no running water). We had to flush the toilet with a bucket of water and take a bath out of a bucket. Even in 95 degree weather; water that comes out of a bucket is COLD! And on top of that, you had to wear your bathing suit while bathing. Oh well, I was really thankful to see our motel room in Dallas on our way home!!! When you have to do without things you become very thankful for them. But in reality, we (I) need to be more thankful everyday! I need to be aware of and thankful for the small stuff so I can be thankful for the big stuff. God is such a wonderful provider of all I need. Thank you God!!!


I'm thinking about writing a book to use in the computer lab. There are not any books that are new enough for me to use to introduce my kids to the computers and the computer lab. I think I can do it. My friend Mary said she would help me if I wanted it to rhyme. (It is a children's book!) My friend Julie said I had gone over the edge. Maybe I need to step back! :) I'll keep you posted!

Got to close for the evening. More tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels