Thursday, January 1, 2009

New day, new year

I didn't quite make it until midnight last night. I watched the ball drop in Times Square and turned out the lights. What an old person I've become! I like sleep better that being tired. It's a day of getting out new calendars, fresh school supplies, new ink pens, new pencils, a new notebook. All the stuff I really like. (I'm kind of a school supply freak.:D) Filling in the dates on a new calendar is really fun to me. To see what we have planned and looking at the days and wondering what will be on the other days. (I better stop now, I'm really rambling.)

After my quiet time this morning I came away with two points God led me to.
1. I want to be a positive, powerful influence in the way I speak into people's lives. One negative statement can undo many, many positive ones. Guard my tongue. Only let the good be in abundance.
2. "To worship God is to realize the purpose for which God created us." -Herbert Carson
I must ask myself everyday- Is my worship more that skin deep? God wants my worship to come from deep within. I must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

I read the Karen Kingsbury "Firstborn" Series. I started the first book last Friday and finished the last one yesterday. So, I read 5 books in 5 days. Unbelievable. Now on to the "S" series. I hope they are in the library Sunday!!!

My mini-vacation to St. Louis with DeWayne was fabulous. He booked us a room at the Renaissance Hotel Downtown. A very pretty place! Sunday evening he had bought us tickets to see the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra. What a surprise! It was very cool. They showed the Wizard of Oz on a big screen and the orchestra played the score for the movie and even the accompaniment to the singing. I REALLY enjoyed myself. Monday we went to the St. Louis History Museum in Forest Park. I learned some very interesting things about the 1904 World's Fair. For lunch, we went to "The Hill". On the recommendation of my sister, we ate at Zia's. Good choice! We had dessert from one of the many bakeries. Very Good!!! My husband outdid himself with the arrangements and the choices of activities! I had a great time.

Oh, and I still haven't put my Christmas tree away. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels