Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hadn't really planned on writing every day this week but it had just worked out. 

It's Saturday and it's quiet here. DeWayne started day shift today so he left at 4 a.m. Evan is still in bed of course. And Dane is still in Missouri. It doesn't seem that long ago that Saturday morning was the loudest day of all at our house. Even when Dane was barely old enough to talk he was always the first one up yelling for "Bwekfust" My kids have always been ABC cartoon fans. So as soon as they were on they hit the TV. Until Dane was 10 he took a breathing treatment for his asthma after breakfast. So, the nebulizer, the TV, Evan playing and just the general house activities made for a very noisy Saturday morning. I thought it would last forever. Boy, was I wrong. If you have small children and they get up early don't be discouraged. They will one day be teenagers and will sleep until noon on Saturdays. All the noise in the world can not rouse them from bed. :D

I'm on my second cup of coffee so it's going to be a hyper day!  Speaking of coffee. I got a new coffee make yesterday. I was using a coffee maker that Dane got last year for Christmas. His coffee maker not only makes coffee; it's also an espresso maker. (I have never used this feature!) So there was nothing wrong with his coffee maker. I just, being the spoiled baby I am, wanted the one that makes coffee and dispenses it one cup at a time. It brews up to 12 cups, it has no pot, it has an automatic shut off and a timer, and it dispenses coffee like I'm at Hucks :). The automatic shut off and the timer were 2 of the top selling points for me. I can have coffee ready at 6 a.m. when I'm ready for breakfast! Dane can take his coffee maker to Cape if he wants and I won't feel guilty about using his all the time.   
I only started drinking coffee in 2005. I've always loved the smell but could never get the taste thing. I like it with alot of sugar and Hazelnut creamer. My sister says I'm not a purist. She drinks hers black. She's a lot tougher that I am too. :D I would love to someday own a Coffee Shop. That was my greatest dream in 2004. I think that's one of the reasons that I started liking coffee. If I was going to sell something I better like it. haha! I've let the coffee shop idea go for now. Maybe someday I can just be a barrista at a Starbuck's. I could have all the fun of making the drinks and not have the hassle with owning the business. Sounds good to me!

The DirecTV guy didn't show up Thursday so I don't have 120 channels to choose from yet. He rescheduled for the 6th. That gives me two more weeks to prepare for the onslaught of channels!!! Remember I said he was supposed to be here between 8 a.m. and noon. Well, at 11:30 the DirecTV people called and said they needed to reschedule. I know it was snowing but give me a break. I'm sure that they knew they weren't coming at 8 a.m. why not make the call first thing. We didn't go anywhere until later in the afternoon but what if we had wanted to. Why wait until 30 minutes before they said they might be here? I don't understand. This is why I work at a school and follow their lead. 

School - Yes I think we go back on Monday. The weather forecast shows snow for Tuesday and Wednesday. I like snow days but I think we have had enough. The kids are never going to get back in the groove of learning if we don't have class. But then again, I don't want to have to slide to and from work. 

DeWayne and I went to LCC and saw Fireproof last night. They showed it on the big screens in the church. There were probably 500 people there. It was very well made and I liked it alot. I would recommend it to anyone who is having trouble with their marriage or even just struggling. As married people we let the world influence how we treat our spouses and what our responses are to them.  Selfishness has to be gone when you want your relationship to work. It's not "all about me" anymore. It's "all about us". I loved the salt and pepper demonstration. I'm not going to tell about it in case you haven't seen the movie yet. Rent it or better yet, buy it, watch it and pass it around to your friends! I'll talk more about it another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels