Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 8 of 350



Day 8 of 350

This is Jackie. Jackie lives at our house and is a big part of our family. Jackie moved in permanently in May of last year. She and Evan have been best friends since they were 14. Jackie has practically lived at our house ever since. Before the girls drove, we would pick her up on Fridays and deliver her back to her house on Sunday evenings after church. Sometimes she would even spend the night and go to school the next day with Evan. Due to finally putting up with her family long enough (and I say that in the nicest way), she moved in with us. It's been coming for a long time. She just needed to make her own mind up that enough was enough. She and Evan and Erin and Cacy and Angela are the fabulous five. All through high school they did everything together. And Jackie always had a plan. I lovingly call her the cruise director. She is a good leader!
Jackie is a student at John A. Logan college in the Dental Hygienist program. She finished the Dental Assistant program last June and works at a dental clinic in Harrisburg. She is the hardest working 21 year old that I know. She works at the clinic, goes to school full time and works at Hardee's part time. And did I mention she is planning her wedding. She is engaged to Austin. They are getting married in May. Austin and DeWayne kayak together. He and Dane have been friends since first grade.

The real reason I posted this picture is because I was playing with my flash and light. I am trying to eliminate the shadowing that happens behind people when you take their picture using flash. I bought a bounce card and my flash has a swivel head. So this allowed me to find the right angle and take this picture of Jackie in portrait position without the shadows. The catch lights in her eyes (the white shining) are just right too. So it was a good practice day! :D

Evan came home for a few hours today. She's getting ready to order a new passport and start on immunizations. She hasn't found out yet if she will be able to help with the wedding or not. I am selfishly hoping that she can. I NEED her and her creative eye! :D

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels