Thursday, January 27, 2011

Days 11 & 12 of 350



Days 11 & 12 of 350

Sorry they are combined! :(

I took these pictures while I was working with the manual settings on my camera. The first picture is with Auto White Balance set. The second picture is taken with the White Balance set to indoor lighting (Tungsten/Light bulb). The second one is warmer and looks more appealing to me. The first one is the natural color. What do you think?
White Balance is a big deal during indoor photo shooting. I had a small problem with white balance when I took the pictures at the 50th wedding anniversary party I shot last fall. I should have went manual and cooled down the pictures ALOT!
I am anxious to get to Evansville next Friday and make the settings on my camera.
Today was an interesting day at West Side. Usually when we have a fire drill it is not a surprise. So when the fire alarm went off at about 1:45 we all jumped and ran and did what we are supposed to do. We got our children out in record time. While the other aides and I stood outside the building we were discussing the fact that we didn't think there was a fire drill scheduled. Well, sure enough, you could hear the fire trucks coming!!! To make a long story short, someone put some popcorn in the microwave and it caught on fire. (Guess they missed those directions that said 3 minutes is the max for microwave popcorn!) The teacher's workroom was a little smokey and very stinky!!!
The other crazy thing that happened when I got to school this morning was that when I opened my little fridge a bottle of poppy seed dressing fell out and crashed to the floor. The whole bottle shattered and dressing was in a big pile right behind my desk. Needless to say I craved salad ALL day! LOL
Time to cook some dinner for DeWayne.
More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels