Friday, January 30, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Well, since I wrote yesterday some historical moments passed. The state of Illinois has a new governor because our house and senate voted to impeach Mr. Blagojevich. All I can say is Yay! and way to not buckle to old boy politics. Our new governor is Pat Quinn. I know absolutely nothing about him. Guess it's time to do a google search and see what he stands for. DeWayne and I watched the senate vote on a live feed on Fox News. I love the internet. 

I also got out the house yesterday afternoon and went to McLeansboro to get a license sticker for my mom. We drove about 45 minutes and it took us less than 10 minutes to get an address change and a new sticker. Why can't our local Driver's License Facility be so prompt, courteous and able to take of our business. The last time I needed anything at the Harrisburg facility I waited about 45 minutes to be told that I was in the wrong line. I think Satan inhabits the Harrisburg office and that antagonizing the public is in their job description.  DeWayne and Evan are going there this afternoon to get a replacement for her lost driver's license. While we were in McLeansboro we went to Dairy Queen and had ice cream cones. Not a very busy place yesterday, no big surprise since it's so cold. 

This morning I got out again and went to the dentist for my annual teeth cleaning. No cavities!! I love the feel of freshly polished teeth. 
After the dentist DeWayne and I went to Wal Mart, Kroger, and Aldi. Grocery shopping is one of DeWayne's favorite things to do. :D He's a good sport. The world can go on because we have milk and toilet paper. :D

Evan called and she's coming home today. Maybe for the weekend, I don't know. I'll know more when she gets here. 

The sun was out this morning and the way it was shining through the ice on the tree branches was beautiful. Everything looked like it was made of glass. I love the way the snow is still clinging to the trees. The look like they have been spray painted white. The ice and snow aren't going anywhere quickly here. The streets in Harrisburg were half cleared and half still covered in inches of ice. 

I talked to Dane last night. He was able to take a hot shower because they hooked a generator up to his hotel. There are about 30,000 people without power where he is working in Missouri. The linemen who worked "Katrina" said that this ice storm looked worse. Dane said there are more power poles on the ground than standing. It will be many weeks before electricity is restored to that area. He thinks he will be there for about a month. He was a little concerned about his camper that he lives in in Cape. DeWayne will go check on it next week if Dane's not back. Got to keep the heat on so it doesn't freeze.

Little Chapel is showing the movie Fire Proof tonight. I haven't seen it but I've heard great things about it.  When the preview was shone this quote really stuck in my head. "Fire proof (in a marriage) doesn't mean the fire won't come - It means it can withstand the fire." As long as we are on this earth there will be attacks on my marriage. Some are subtle and some are very blatant. I have to be ready and withstand the heat. DeWayne and I have weathered many storms and many fire storm attacks. I can trust the past and believe the outcomes of past confrontations but I have to be ready for the now and the future. I cannot grow complacent in my desire to see our marriage stand firm. I think this makes sense. I know what I want to say but I'm not sure it's coming out right. Oh well!
The last count they showed over 250 people signed up to be there to watch it. Should be a fun night! Movie night at LCC. Yay!
I'll let you know how the movie was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels