Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday, I think

I've lost track of the days because I haven't been out of my house since Monday evening. Thursday, I'm pretty sure it's Thursday. (Grey's Anatomy tonight!) I also don't have to work tomorrow. They went ahead and called school off at 5 p.m. last night for the rest of the week. The way the sky looks, I'm surprised it's not snowing. It's very gray. It's keeping the snow on the tree branches and that is a beautiful sight.

The downside of the snow is that Book Club is cancelled until next month. So I have to wait another month to discuss The Shack with my friends. This gives me 30 more days to find a book that we can read for the next time. I'm sad that we are not getting together but I'm glad not to have to get out.

I love Skype. I think that Skype and Hulu are two of the best free things on the internet. I got to see and talk to my mom this morning through Skype. (I got to see Jim too.) They were getting ready to take a line dancing class. :D We used to line dance at J.R. Country Theater. (Mid-90's) It was a very fun time. Back to Hulu - I watched The Partridge Family and an old Jennifer Aniston Movie last Saturday with only about 5 minutes of commercials. It's fabulous. DeWayne found it and shared it with me. 

Today's the day that I get TV back in my house. :D The DirecTV guy is supposed to be here today to put in our satellite TV. Of course, with the weather he might not show. I love their schedule time - "we will be there between 8 a.m. and noon" OK that's broad! Hurry up and wait! Story of my life. So maybe I'll have 120 channels tonight and maybe I won't. I'll let you know!

I've been working on "The Whitlock Memories" pages. I think I'm ready to link to it from here. It's still under construction. As long as I'm alive, I think it will be under construction. :-)
Tell me what you think - try it yourself. It really is easy. I really am enjoying sorting through pictures, scanning them, and then uploading them to the site and then writing a little blurb about them. I hope it brings you joy too. :D

Our dog, Brody, does not like dog food. Every morning he sits by the back door and waits for me to feed him. So I give him two milk bones and a dish full of dog food. He eats the bones and sniffs at the food. He then looks at me with the expression - Is this all you've got? So, since the snow I've been sitting here at my dining room table watching the cardinals eat his food. The cardinals are beautiful and they are getting used to our movements in the house. It seems today that  we are feeding the wrens too. Oh well, at least the food is not going to waste! 

Well, I better get to the major decisions of the day. Like "What's for lunch?" and "What movie do I want to watch?" and "What pictures am I going to scan today?"

Remember- "The first sip is the best!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels