Saturday, January 3, 2009

Getting ready for Monday...

Only two more days and I go back to work! Where did the two weeks go? I was supposed to paint Dane's bathroom. I was supposed to work on school stuff. I was supposed to clean my computers at school. I guess I wasn't really "Supposed" to do anything. I read a lot. I hung out with Evan. I got to go to St. Louis. I moved Dane into his new little home. I visited with my family. I laughed a lot. I think those are the things that a vacation is truly supposed to be. I was just going to try to put a little work in there too. I can clean my computers at school when I get back. I can paint Dane's bathroom on a Saturday. I will get my school work finished at school. So there, it's all solved! :D

We are meeting my family at Mackie's for pizza at noon today. It's my Aunt Jackie's 80th birthday. My sister, my mom, and my cousins will all be there. More laughing is sure to come!!! 

I read Genesis 39 today about Joseph and how he was sold into slavery in Egypt. His work ethic is such an example to me. He was a slave. He could have been bitter because his brothers sold him into slavery. He could have only done the minimum required of a slave. Instead he worked so hard and so diligently that he gained the respect and the favor of his master. (Until the wife stepped in!) And then, even in prison, when he was in a dark, gloomy jail, he worked hard. He again earned the respect and favor of his jailer. He was a consistent man of God. "I need to seek consistency between who I say I am and how I actually live. I need to root my life completely in the character of God." (INDEED) (These last two sentences were from my devotional. I just personalized them in first person; but they truly speak what my heart wants to say!) Too many times in today's society Christians are seen as slackers, whiners, and excuse makers. I want to be able to say I'm a Christian and not feel ashamed because of how someone else acts or how I have acted in the past. (Much repentance in the quiet time this morning let me tell you!!!) I want my work ethic to reflect that of Joseph. Wherever I am placed at that particular time is all right with me. I will work at my job as I am working not just for man but for God! And somehow I want to instill this in my children. I so want them to have that deeper personal relationship with Jesus. I want them to have the character of God always flowing out of them. And you know what? THEY DO!!! God is so amazingly GOOD!

My living room is back to normal. DeWayne, Evan and I got to work yesterday morning and down it came! I love when the Christmas tree is lit and the nativity is set up, but after Christmas it's just depressing to see it sitting there all dark and empty. :( 
I'm glad it's put up until next year! 

Gotta go get ready for pizza!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels