Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day Again

Yes, one more snow day. This is #3. Two more and then we start adding days to our school calendar. I'm not sure we will go again tomorrow. There's several inches of ice as a base and about 4 inches of snow on top. And the temperature is only supposed to be 20; so probably not. 

Yesterday I spent the majority of the day sorting through a couple of picture boxes of old pictures mostly of the Sisk Family. There were several pictures of my mom. Her hair!!! Let's just say that she rivaled the Tower of Babel. How tall can it go? :D I bet in one picture her hair was piled about 10 inches on her head. I remember going to the beauty shop with her. She had a standing appointment for Thursdays I think. I probably have lung damage from all the hair spray I breathed in that place. :D I also can't imagine not washing my hair for a week and just spraying on more hair spray to keep it in place. Oh well, gotta love the late 60's and early 70's.

It's very pretty outside. The trees have a layer of ice and snow and the ground is covered with snow. The sun is popping out every now and then and shining through the ice and snow. It makes me want to go outside and take pictures. I stuck my head out and took a few from the doorway but I'm not sure I want to brace the 16 degrees. BRRRR!! Maybe closer to lunch or later on this afternoon. 

I talked to my mom last night. They were wearing short sleeves and were"complaining" about having to buy more shorts and short sleeve shirts. Awwww, too bad! I'm glad they are there and not here and that they are having a good time.

I guess I will start scanning the pictures that I want to post online at Whitlock Memories today. Scanning is tedious work. Each picture has to scanned, named and saved. Once I get started it won't seem so long. :D

My verse yesterday was: Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
I love this. I have been so worried about the fight to keep Scott at West Side and who would lead the charge and would it be effective that I forgot this truth. As long as we let God lead the way, we only have to be still and let him. He is the perfect warrior and conqueror! This is why my hope is in him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels