Thursday, January 15, 2009

This has been a quick week. Tomorrow is already Friday and not only that; the month is already half over. Unbelievable. Christmas seems like a really long time ago instead of just 3 weeks! 

In just a few short days we will have our 44th president. We will be adding a new chapter to the history of our nation. My prayer is that we will return to be a nation of having God (the one and only true and living God) as our Lord. We are commanded in the Bible to pray for the leaders of our nation. So, I am making a resolution to pray every day for Mr. Obama as our president; for the leadership of our state and our governor; and for the leadership of our county. There will be no change until it starts with me and my choice to lift them up to God. I also pray that the people of our nation will realize the blessing we have lived under for over 200 years is because our country was founded on Biblical principles. We must not turn our back on them now!

Tomorrow at school we have an inservice to learn how to use the Document Cameras that our school district has bought. Only 8 teachers at West Side are getting one this time. Maybe in the next few years every teacher will get one. I'm excited about this new technology that is coming into our building. Overhead projectors will be a relic of the past. 

Evan will be home this weekend because she has a 3 day weekend just like me. I haven't seen her since last week. I'm starting to miss her. Dane will also be home tomorrow night. So we will all be home together this weekend. Yeah! We may have to play a few card games!

My mom sent me pictures of where they are staying in Florida. Very nice! It looks like they are having a great time with their friends. With it being 0 outside, I am a little jealous of the sunshine and 70 degree weather. I am not ready for spring yet, though.  I want a little winter weather. I really want snow, not frigid! :-)

Yesterday was my one year anniversary at Curves. I have worked out 195 times since I started. That really is a lot of days. I have lost many inches and much weight. I feel SO much better.  I am thankful that God led me to that place. So I'll just keep working out, eating better, and praying that God will give me strength to continue to lose weight. 

More later...










2 comments:

  1. Okay...am I the only one who doesn't have a blog??? Seriously, I have enjoyed reading your random thoughts and moments with Marsha. I'm so proud of both of you!

    Hey, I read The Shack too. How was your book discussion? Mike and I were just talking about that book today. He meets with a group of guys at church on Wednesday nights. They just finished a few studies and were looking for something to do so Mike suggested they read The Shack and discuss it. I think it would be a great book to discuss.

    Our church started a Biggest Loser Weight loss contest last night! I am hoping that this is the motivation I need to get serious about my weight. Ugh! Pray for me! It is very humbling.

    I'm glad to hear Aunt Freda and Jim are enjoying Florida! Sure wish I was there enjoying it with them!!! Brrrrrrrrrr

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the Shack. Use it as your study. It's deep but it's REALLY good. Good luck on the biggest loser thing. I love that show. I cheer for those people!

    ReplyDelete

Labels