Sunday, January 11, 2009

Great Day

What a wonderful morning at church! I arrived there at 7:45 am to start breakfast. YUM! Then at 9, my friend Brigette and I went to greet since it's our assigned day to greet. I love greeting. I get to see all the people that I might not see from where I sit in church. (There are about 1000 people at LCC every Sunday, so I don't always see everyone. DUH!) After greeting, I arrived in the service as worship was beginning. All I can say is WOW! Worship was wonderful. (OK that's 3, 3 letter words all in caps. I'll stop!) Jeff spoke about righteousness. Very fitting and very timely. I truly think that people miss the whole "Christian life" boat because they think that once they say a little prayer that their life is still their own to live as they want. Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the Body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." I'm excited about reading through the Bible this year and drawing closer to God. The messages and the other readings I am doing all mesh together. Of course, that's the Holy Spirit. 

My mom and dad arrived in Florida yesterday. I've already had an email that says they are staying longer. Sunshine and fresh fruit was all it took! 

I should probably clarify for you all that REALLY know me. When I refer to my dad, I am talking about my mom's husband, Jim. My real dad passed away in 1993 and before that my parents divorced in 1984. So Jim is the only dad I have right now. Even my grandma (who is my real dad's mother) refers to him as my dad. I know, very confusing. But, we are an American Family. :D Many people who don't know our family tell me how much I look like Jim. So I usually don't correct them. Jim is a wonderful dad and he's a good husband to my mom. I am thankful that God put our family together the way He did! He also gave me two brothers. I had a pretty good friend tell me once that there are no steps and no halves - only brothers and sisters, moms and dads. (She comes from a family of many marriages and children.) I take that as very good advice and pass it on when I can.

I finished The Shack last night. I read the last 50 pages without putting it down. I really liked it. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a book that makes you think. I will probably go back over a few parts. Maybe skim a few of the middle chapters. The issue of forgiveness really struck a chord with me. I truly love God and want a relationship with Him. I don't want to miss Him when He shows up and I don't want to miss when He works! I also have to remember that God is not limited; He is limitless!

I'm hoping that it snows this week. I am ready to see some beautiful weather! (I threw this in just in case you thought I had stopped being random!)

1 comment:

  1. ok, I read it...you do a great job articulating your faith and your wishes to please God with your life and your actions. Great thoughts about Jim and mom, and steps and halves. I check you just about every day...just usually in the evening. I'm thinking it's supposed to be really cold and snow this week!--so, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Labels