Saturday, January 10, 2009

What am I going to do today?

Well, it's Saturday and I am wondering what I am going to do today. It's not like I don't and haven't made a long list of things to do. I can clean my bedroom and bathroom; I can start painting Dane's bathroom; I can bake something yummy; or I can lay on the couch and read my book. I've already started the first load of laundry. Dane got home last night and as always he brought me the gift of a huge bag of laundry. (I really don't mind to do laundry. Of all the chores it's probably one of my favorites; like the dishes.) So I have about 12 loads of laundry to do. Not bad since Evan is not here. :)

It was a very good week. I worked out every day. (My body was a little soar and tired last night.) I saw every one of my computer classes this week but one Pre-K class. So almost all of their smiling faces were there and ready to learn something new. We talked about Christmas gifts, snow, snowmen and the keyboard. Even the Pre-K children were very attentive. Sometimes it's a challenge to work a fun activity in to the program we need to use for the day to learn a new skill. Sometimes I feel like I am teaching the test we give in April to test their skills. This week we need to talk about Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday and Barrack Obama's inauguration and work that into a typing lesson. So I must think about that too this weekend. I just wish that we had longer than 30 minutes a class session with the 2nd graders. We spend a lot of time opening and closing and sometimes not a lot in between!!! May be someday I will be in my own room!

Enough about work!!!

My mom and dad have gone to Florida for 7 or 8 weeks. Wow, I wish I was old! :D (No offense mom!) I am so happy for them really. They both have worked so hard their whole lives and are in need of some time that nothing is required of them. So...have fun, enjoy Florida, see the sights, and rest!!! 

Evan went back to school this week. I promised her I wouldn't call her too often. I miss her mostly because I can ask her silly questions like: "Do these shoes go with this outfit? Do I look ok?" And she gives an honest answer. :D

I only have 40 more pages in The Shack. Our book group is meeting on the 29th. I have been taking notes on the passages I want to remember. I can only read about a chapter and a half at a time, then my brain seems to shut down so it can process. I like it though. I am excited about book group. These are my zany friends. Lisa, Brigette, Darla, Julie, Jeri Lyn, Terah, & Kari We will probably get so sidetracked by Darla's craziness that we won't get too much of the book discussed! :)

This is getting long,  so I had better save something for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels