Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just another Tuesday

Well, maybe not just an ordinary Tuesday. Or maybe just a good Tuesday. Last night we not only played Outburst, but we played a card game called Golf. Angela is very competitive. As we played cards we watched the Bachelor. Even DeWayne had an opinion about who the guy should pick. We feel like we "know" this bachelor because he was the loser last season. Poor guy! Oh well, it's a mindless way to spend a Monday. Tonight I can't wait to watch the Biggest Loser. I love this show. I cheer for those people as they weigh. They work so hard and Jillian is always yelling at them. Is that fun? But weight loss is never fun. Wait, I've had fun losing weight this year and no one was yelling at me. Actually everyone I know was cheering for me!  :D

I'm reading through the Bible this year. I haven't done this in awhile. My friend Terah gave me a calendar with the Bible broken down in 4 reading segments a day. Pretty easy since I already read one Psalm and one Proverb everyday. I just add the Old and New Testament segments and I'm done. So far I have kept up. I am praying that I don't fall behind. I really want to draw closer to God this year and I really think that spending time in His Word will accomplish this.  

All my friends have come back to Curves! Some of them took a few months off. So now, since Christmas is over they think they REALLY need to lose weight and get into shape. So, they're back! Mary, Tonya, Kim A., Kim D., Staci, and Beth. We are really loud and it doesn't seem like a workout when you are laughing so very hard! I am so thankful that God has provided us a place to workout that is clean, fun and accessible.

We were looking at some countdowns today at school. 40 more days until Valentine's Day. 87 days until Spring Break.  25 more days until the Dairy Queen opens for the season! And when I blink it will be Thanksgiving again! Oh well, time truly marches on!

I'm still reading The Shack. I am reading it slow and taking notes when I want to remember something that I read. It really is a good book. I am looking forward to book group so I can hear what the others think. If you have read it leave me a message!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all you have to say, I will be watching daily while in FL. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Labels