Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 39 of 350

February Book Group here at my house! These are wonderful reading friends!

I haven't posted for a couple of days. I was really disappointed not to get to take pictures Saturday of Elias but we have rescheduled for Saturday. (The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm!) I was also getting ready for my friends to be here last night.
I made potato soup and DeWayne fixed chili. I also put together a huge salad with bread. Denise brought 4 different Larry's House of Cakes cakes. Chellie brought soda and Wendy brought ice. The perfect meal and the sides! 
We discussed Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin. We are all becoming huge Charles Martin fans. We read When Crickets Cry last year. I have read a couple other books by him. Each book has some form of water in it; usually a river but sometimes a lake. He gives a lot of history details of the setting of each book. He does a lot of research and adds characters to fit the area. Very nice. He's also considered a Christian writer. So there is no worry of being offended by bad language of sex scenes. :)
Our book for next month is Divine Romance by Gene Edwards. He also wrote A Tale of Three Kings. This book was on Dane's reading list at IHOP in Kansas City. It's a quick read and I would recommend it also.
I have a full blown cold. I have the nasty nose, the sneezing and the just yuckiness. Maybe it's really the flu. I don't know the difference. My whole life I thought the flu was throwing up etc. But then I learn that's just a virus. The flu is chest, nose, yuckiness. Who knew?
I hope I get to feeling better before Saturday. I really don't like to feel bad!
Supposed to rain the next day or so. DeWayne is really excited. It will raise the water level of the St. Francis River enough to kayak! He's looking at Saturday as the day he and his friends will go. I hope it works out for him!
More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels